Wednesday 14 June 2017

3NL - Greek Salad!

To finish maths week we decided to use our maths skills to make a Greek salad in relation to our topic 'The Mediterranean.'


However, the recipe wasn't as simple as it looked. First the children had to solve the maths clues...


Greek salad

Ingredients

  • I have 70g red onion, thinly sliced, you need ½ of this amount. How much do you need?
  • I have a packet of 6 large ripe tomatoes in a packet, you need 1/3  of this amount. How much do you need?
  • I have 4 cucumbers, you need 1/8  of the cucumber,. How much do you need?
  • I have a packet of feta cheese 200g. You need ½ of this amount. How much do you need?
  • I have 25g of black olives, pitted and drained. You need double this amount. How much do you need?




The children worked in teams to solve the problems before they could begin to make their salad, using measuring scales and cooking utensils to chop and dice the food.



Before they got to take it home and try...