Friday 2 February 2018

3NL - Mediterranean Day!

Despite the rain, Year 3 kicked off their Topic 'Why Do People Choose the Mediterranean for their Holidays?' with lots of fun and laughter!

Even Mr Bones and Organ-Morgan got in on the act and dressed for the occasion!

First, we had to locate the Mediterranean on a map.


Then we studied the Spanish artist Picasso and created a portrait in his style using collage techniques.




After a wet play, we chilled with some ice lollies...




Whilst others read in the Mediterranean beach reading corner!

After lunch we had to use our maths skills to work out the ingredients which were needed to make a Greek Salad Recipe.

Greek salad
Ingredients
  • I have 70g red onion, thinly sliced, you need ½ of this amount.
  • How much do you need?
  • I have a packet of 6 large ripe tomatoes.  you need 1/3  of this amount. How much do you need?

  • I have 4 cucumbers, you need to times them by 2 and then divide by 16.
  • How much do you need?

  • I have a packet of feta cheese 200g. You need ½ of this amount.
  • How much do you need?

  • I have 25g of black olives, pitted and drained. You need double this amount.
How much do you need?
  • I have 1 tsp of dried herbs. You need to divide this amount by 2.
  • How much do you need?

  • I have 18 tsp olive oil. You need to divide this amount by 9.
  • How much do you need?

  • I have 50 tsp fresh lemon juice. You need to divide this amount by 25.
  • How much do you need?

We then set about chopping...


Weighing....

And mixing...

Finally it was time to clear away our mess.