Tuesday 24 April 2018

Fraction Investigation - £NL

Mrs Lacey wanted to make some cakes for 3NL. However the ingredient list was written in fractions!

Baking Investigation-
Fruit and chocolate flapjacks


 
Here are the ingredients I bought:
Oats – the bag weighs 500g
Butter – the packs weigh 240g
Raisins – the bag weighs 120g
Chocolate chips – there were 56 in the bag
Cherries – there were 60 in the bag
Flour – the bag weighs 1kg
Sugar – the bag weighs 1kg
 
Here are the amounts of each ingredient that I need to use:
Oats – I need 3/5 of the bag
Butter – I need 1 ½ packs
Raisins – I need 5/6 of the bag
Chocolate chips – I need 5/8 of the bag
Cherries – I need 1/12 of the bag
Flour – I need 1/10 of the bag
Sugar – I need 3/20 of the bag


The children came to the rescue and did a fraction investigation to solve Mrs Lacey's problem and work out the ingredients she needed.










We then got to eat the delicious cakes and biscuits - Mmmm....